Supporting our residents during Covid-19
Firstly, with Covid-19 impacting many across the nation, Tamil Housing is still here, looking after your home. We hope you are your family are all doing well and taking care of each other during this difficult time.
Our primary focus is to support you through this difficult time and so we wanted to let you know of the support Tamil Community Housing Association is providing to our residents.
Getting in Touch/ Office Closures
We are doing what we can to balance our team’s health and the services you need. However, the way our staff are working and delivering services has changed in order to follow the latest government and NHS advice.
Tamil Housing have implemented working from home staffing arrangements. This means, Tamil Housing offices are closed, however our phone lines remain open during the working week for some key services including out of hours emergencies. We will make sure we attend to each call as far and quickly as possible. If your call is urgent and we have not answered it immediately, please text Tamil Housing on 07984355550 or email email@example.com and we will arrange for a member of staff to call you as soon as possible.
Tamil Housing staff have also dedicated time to make weekly contact with our elderly and vulnerable residents to ensure they are safe and well. If you wish to be contacted also, please do let us know. If you are interested in volunteering or are already doing so, please do let us know and thank you for this.
To avoid accruing rent arrears we urge you to continue to pay your rent. If you are facing financial difficulties please contact a member of staff immediately on the general number 02084937160 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are not claiming any benefits, please use Allpay, Standing Order and / or internet banking to pay your rent.
- If you are already claiming benefits, please be aware that all face to face assessments have now been temporarily suspended by Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
- If you experience any financial hardship due to COVID-19 i.e., you are required to stay at home or your job or income has been affected, kindly follow DWP guidelines for new claims or Statutory Sick Pay* and inform Tamil Housing also.
*This is only payable if you are staying at home on Government advice, not just if you are infected by the Coronavirus and only applied for seven days.
Please refer to the Government Guidelines.
Maintenance / Repairs
We are still taking repairs/maintenance calls and will be organizing these in terms of urgency with first priority for emergency and some urgent repairs. However, please be advised that Tamil Housing staff and also our Contractors may ask you screening questions in relation to COVID-19 before raising any repairs as part of our precautions for Coronavirus.
COVID-19- What to do if you have or if you think you have COVID-19.
If you or anyone in your household are diagnosed with COVID-19, please seek urgent medical advice by calling NHS 111. Please also let us know as soon as you can, so that we can plan our services and offer or signpost you to any other support that may be available.
- You or someone in your household have been tested for COVID-19
- Showing any symptoms of COVID-19
- If you or anyone in your household is ill or recently been in contact with anyone with COVID-19
- Have been in self- isolation or currently self-isolating and if so, how long for
- Travelled abroad in the last 3-months to anywhere in Europe or Asia
The information provided will only be forwarded to respective contractors and also out of hours call handlers for health and safety and information only. All repairs except emergency repairs will be suspended to your household until we have received confirmation that you have recovered by emailing email@example.com.
We will keep you updated via SMS, emails and phone calls where necessary as we are minimizing face to face contact where we can.
In the meantime, please take care of yourself and those around you look out for any neighbours that may be vulnerable and always protect yourself and others by following all Government/NHS and Public Health England Advice during this important time.