TCHA officially merged with Apna Ghar on 14th August 2023.
Tamil HA and Apna Ghar have joined forces, so that we can be stronger together.
We will be pleased to answer any questions that any of our tenants and other stakeholders have about these changes. Call us on 020 8493 7160.
The merger is a good fit for both housing associations, because they were similar in many ways.
- Like Apna Ghar, TCHA is a small, registered provider of social housing.
- We are community focused and aim to house people from disadvantaged communities.
- We now own and manage more than 625 homes – small enough to carry on offering a responsive personal service, but large enough to help us make savings that, over time, we can invest in improving services.
For tenants whose homes were owned or managed by Apna Ghar, the main effects of the merger are as follows.
- Your new landlord is Tamil Community Housing Association (TCHA).
- You must now pay your rent directly to TCHA.
- If you had any arrears or credits on your rent account, they have transferred over to TCHA.
- If you have any outstanding complaints against Apna Ghar, the details are now with TCHA and we will work with you to resolve them.
- You can now phone 020 8493 7160 to contact the housing team or to report a repair. Go to our repairs page for more information.
- For the time being, nothing else has changed.
Stakeholders may wish to know that the merger took the form of a ‘Transfer of Engagements’. This means that all of Apna Ghar’s assets and legal obligations have now transferred to TCHA.